The NISA 2018 AGM took place at Jurys Inn, Nottingham, on Saturday 24th November. With the sport of ice skating undergoing significant transformation in the UK, a number of positions on the NISA Board and Technical Advisory Committees were voted on by postal ballot, as well as the formal terms of business on the agenda of every AGM.
Firstly, we would like to thank everyone who nominated, or was nominated, for a position. It is the people who make this wonderful sport, and we now have the foundations in place to ensure we can maximise the opportunities that stand before us.
Successfully elected into post were:
· Vice-Chair – David HARTLEY
· Nominated Director: Figure – Ice Dance – James YOUNG
· Nominated Director: Figure – Synchro – Amanda HEMBROW-JONES
· Nominated Director: Speed – Short-Track – Ian GOOCH
· Nominated Director: Speed – Long-Track – Thomas FELL
Figure: Singles & Pairs Technical Advisory Committee
· Coach – Christian NEWBERRY
· Judge / Referee – Mary CHAPMAN
· Retired Athlete – David RICHARDSON
Figure: Ice Dance Technical Advisory Committee
· Coach – Candice TOWLER-GREEN
· Judge / Referee – Lucy VISINONI
· Retired Athlete – Jodie O’KEEFE
Figure: Synchro Technical Advisory Committee
· Coach – Amanda CLINTON
· Retired Athlete – Rio-Louise SULLY
Speed: Short Track Technical Advisory Committee
· Official – Tina NOBLE
· Official – Peter WORTH
Participation Development Technical Advisory Committee
· Coach – Phillip HARRIS
· Club Official – Joanne GILLMORE
Coaching Technical Advisory Committee
· Coach: Short Track – Gerard WILLIAMS
Membership Engagement Technical Advisory Committee
· Individual: Inclusive Skating – Hannah LEE
Information about the appointments to posts for which there were no candidates will follow in due course, as will the appointments for positions to unelected positions as per the Articles of Association and Terms of Reference of the Technical Advisory Committees.
Thank you once more to everyone who played their part in this process, both successful and unsuccessful. As NISA moves to become British Ice Skating, it is hugely encouraging to have so many members engage with, and take an active interest in, our future.
BRITISH ICE SKATING