This year NISA will be working alongside ITV Text Santa and need your help!
Text Santa is ITV’s annual fundraising appeal that aims to give hope to families in difficulty. This year the appeal will be supporting Macmillan Cancer Support, Make a Wish, and Save the Children; helping those families affected by crisis, granting wishes to children fighting life-threatening conditions, and funding nurses so those with cancer get the care they need. The appeal gives hope to families here in the UK and overseas.
We are calling all NISA clubs to get involved and get the appeal on the ice. If you would like to get involved all you need to do is;
1. Choose one club session in the first two weeks of December where all club members attend wearing their favourite Christmas jumper.
2. Download the Text Santa poster and stick them up at your ice rink.
3. Create a club Just Giving page; www.justgiving.com/textsanta.
4. Encourage friends and family to sponsor club members for their Text Santa skate!
5. Have fun and take lots of photos!
To launch the Text Santa campaign there will be a big skate at the British Championships at iceSheffield on Tuesday 1st December.
If you are interested in becoming a part of this national campaign, raising money for three amazing charities and gaining coverage for your club then please inform Tara Lopez OR Carly Jones the date/time of this session and we will notify local media including your local ITV region.
Share pictures from these sessions on social media and tag @NISA_iceskating and @ITVTextSanta in any post. We look forward to seeing your Santa Skate in action!
For more information on Text Santa, click here.
Published 20th November 2015